Saturday, February 17, 2024


 Scheduling

    A little bit of a shorter blog post today, but I started developing a production schedule. I chose to put it into my Google calendar because I started using it last year and it's really helped me keep on track with school and all my extracurriculars. Since we're still in the early stages of production, this schedule is open to change (and I am preparing for it to change a lot). So far, it's just a very rough outline of the production process; I've included a lot more details and tasks for the pre-production process because I have a more general idea of what I need to prepare before production begins. Once I find actors and finish my script/storyboard/shot list, I'll begin to detail a more comprehensive filming schedule, including shooting times and dates. Once I know what my story outline will be, I'll also start making a mise-en-scene development schedule (making costumes, set design, any props, etc.). As someone who is very much not organized and a big procrastinator (case in point, I'm writing this blog post at 10 PM on a Saturday night), I hope that creating this schedule will help me stay on top of this project. I really think that having a clear schedule + pre-production elements like shot lists and script will go a long way to making this whole thing run smoothly, if I follow this schedule and all goes to plan, I'll have my entire portfolio done in time without having to rush elements of it.


(Click on pic to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Film Opening  After so much stress and nights without sleep, it's finally out, hope you enjoy! Here it is. Whoop whoop