Sunday, March 17, 2024

Casting!

   As I've talked about a...couple of times on here, casting has been the most stressful process for me in this entire project. For past assignments in this class, I've worked with other people who knew people willing to act, so having to find my own people has been stressful to say the least. The person I had my hopes on at first isn't able to, so I gotta contact my own friends and hope for the best.  

    I posted on my Instagram story a little earlier asking if anyone is willing to act in it. I only have 40ish followers (only about 30 that are teenagers/live near me), so I'm not really expecting too much traction, but you never know. 

Screenshot of my story
    

    Literally not even 10 minutes later, my friend replied to the story. I'm not sure how great of an actor he is, but I'll take what I got and I'm really grateful.


Screenshot of our conversation

        Tomorrow at school, I'll talk to the other two people I have in mind in hopes that they can too. 

    I'll film on Wednesday, which looking at my calendar, is actually great because I have early release on Thursday and no school Friday, leaving me loads of time to edit. Once I get home from school on Thursday, I'll edit all the clips together and add any necessary effect. Then Friday, I'll work on color grading the clips and adding credits and the title sequence. Also, since I'm filming Wednesday, then I can hopefully check out equipment from BEACON (I already contacted them, but they haven't responded yet). Yayyy everything's looking up now. 

EDIT (like 10 minutes later)

    Another one of my friends just answered saying that if I REALLY need more actors, she could help out. She doesn't really want to act, but since she's available (and if I find actors), I told her she could help me out on set. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Film Opening  After so much stress and nights without sleep, it's finally out, hope you enjoy! Here it is. Whoop whoop