Wednesday, March 20, 2024

 Last Minute Pre-Filming Preparation

    Today is the dayyyyyyy.
    My first (and hopefully only) day of filming. I'm finishing up any last minute things before I can bring my cast over. 

Update on Cast

    For the last couple of days I've been trying to contact anyone I know (and some people that I don't) in hopes to finalize my cast. I got added to my friend's giant Spring break group chat on Monday, so I just shot my shot and asked for actors on there. A couple people responded that they might be able to, but unfortunately, they cannot make it today. Yesterday was middle school MPA (band assessment thing) at my school, and I was volunteering until around 6 in the afternoon. I asked practically everyone else that was volunteering, but they also were unable to. (as you can tell I was pretty stressed out yesterday).
 And remember my last blog post where I talked about one of my friends who was willing to act. Well, he canceled on me. Figures. So as of a couple of hours ago I was castless. Luckily, I begged two of my friends to help me out and they agreed to. Can they act? Who knows. Then late at night yesterday, my friend texted me that she might have someone. She sent me her number and I contacted her. She said she could yayyy!! So that's my cast! Hopefully no one cancels.

Fake Blood

    A small part of my opening does require me to use some fake blood. I know that like Spirit Halloween sells some for costumes but unfortunately it is March and not October so that store is not open. I don't know where else you could find fake blood so I'll have to make my own. According to this article, the best recipe for fake blood (especially one that drips or splatters) requires Karo corn syrup, chocolate syrup, and food coloring. I went to Publix to get the ingredients and it literally took no more than 5 minutes to make.





Equipment

    At 5 today, I went to BEACON to pick up some equipment. Not really sure what like specific type of equipment I got, but I checked out a camera, lighting kit, boom mic, and tri-pod


    


    My cast comes over at around 5:30ish. I am SOOO nervous. I don't have experience sharing my own vision, usually I work in groups, I'm scared that mid-filming, it'll feel dumb or I can't put what I am visualizing to camera. I also am really bad at expressing myself through words. I don't know. I'm just really nervous and excited. I do feel a little better knowing that I'm friends with most of my cast. Hoping for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Film Opening  After so much stress and nights without sleep, it's finally out, hope you enjoy! Here it is. Whoop whoop