Sunday, March 10, 2024

 Setbacks...Setbacks...Setbacks

        Let's be a little negative today! 

Equipment

    Ok so! I really want my opening to look good. I want it to have good lighting and the footage to look sharp. Right now, the only thing I have to film is my phone, which has great quality, but it doesn't capture footage white like I want it to. Last Thursday, I contacted BEACON in hopes to check out a camera and lighting kit prior to filming.  Unfortunately, they told me they would be out of town for the entire week due to STN. This puts me in a huge pickle because I have to choose whether to move my filming date back even more, which is a huge risk and leaves me little time for editing and CCR, on the other hand, I film with just my camera and hope for the best. I don't know what to do to be honest.

Credits

    My other little dilemma is how to structure my opening. Since I want to produce a horror, I actually do want to open with an at least tense scene (I don't know if I'll be able to scare anyone, but I'll try my best!) So, I have to figure out where to put my credits. I was thinking of having the entire sequence, and then opening to another scene where we roll credits, but I think that would be sacrificing time to develop the tone for my film. That leaves me with having the entire opening in the same setting of the get-together. I really don't want my film opening to be disturbed by the credits rolling in the bottom of the screen. I'll have to develop an establishing sequence to put the credits in and then start the action. So my problem is where to put the title. Do I open the scene with the title? Close it with the title? Maybe when the lights go out? WHAT IS MY TITLE? I have no clue. 

Actors

    I talked about this in my last post but might as well bring this up again. I have no idea who to get to act in my film. I have no idea how to ask other people to help me out. I'm also worried about the fact that the setting I have chosen to film in (my dining room), has many windows in the area, so I have to film at night to get the lighting I'm hoping for, and I don't know how many people would be willing to come to my house late at night to film :/

    I really need to solve these problems quickly because I HAVE to start filming by next weekend. And to be honest, I really want to start production on this! I think contacting some of my friends for help will actually really help me with these problems so I should get started on that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Film Opening  After so much stress and nights without sleep, it's finally out, hope you enjoy! Here it is. Whoop whoop