Thursday, March 7, 2024

 Intermission

    Little pause in the planning process posts (so many more are coming in the next week) to talk a little about my production logo. I got bored the other day in class and started playing around on Canva and ended up making the production logo that will appear in the first 5ish seconds of the opening:

    I found a Canva template to format it after. I changed the color scheme and fonts to kinda get the look I was going for. I figured that an eye is pretty representative of spooky horror cliches, so that's the design I went with (it was originally a Canva element that I played around with). The design is a little inspired by Jordan Peele's company, Monkeypaw Productions' own logo design since I wanted it to capture the same kind of eerie feel.
Canva template 



    The name of the production company is actually quite a funny story (to me at least). From the moment we were introduced to the portfolio project, I KNEW I had to name the company green red orange productions. This name is actually the title of a short story I read probably last year (it's not protected by copyright, I made sure to check). The story, written by Mariana Enriquez, is a part of her horror collection, Things We Lost in the Fire, which is filled with some of my favorite horror stories, many of which inspired this own project. This story impacted me so much when I first read, that I've wanted to make my own interpretation of it since (maybe one day). While this project could not be farther from Green Red Orange, I still wanted to pay my own little tribute to it. And of course, naming it after a short story is obviously inspired again my Monkeypaw Productions, named after The Monkey's Paw by W.W Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Film Opening  After so much stress and nights without sleep, it's finally out, hope you enjoy! Here it is. Whoop whoop